Are you looking to add some musical flair to your Instagram Stories? Adding music to your Instagram Story is a great way to engage and entertain your followers. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about adding music to your Instagram Story, including the latest features and updates for 2023, how to add music after posting, alternative methods for adding music, tips for using music in your stories, creative ways to use music, and troubleshooting common issues.
Adding Music to Your Instagram Story in 2023
Instagram has made it easier than ever to add music to your stories with the latest updates and features. Here’s what you need to know to add music to your Instagram Story in 2023:
- Music sticker: The easiest way to add music to your Instagram Story is by using the music sticker. To use this feature, simply tap on the “Stickers” button in the top right corner of the screen when creating a new story. Then, tap on the “Music” sticker and select a song from the library. You can preview the song and adjust the start and end times to fit your story.
- Music library: Instagram’s music library is constantly expanding and now includes a wide variety of genres and moods to choose from. You can browse the library by song, artist, or mood to find the perfect track for your story.
- Music suggestions: Instagram’s music suggestions feature recommends songs based on the content of your story. To use this feature, simply tap on the “Suggestions” button when adding a music sticker to your story.
Pro Tip: Keep in mind that not all music is available on Instagram’s music library. If you can’t find the song you’re looking for, try using an alternative method (like a third-party app) to add it to your story.
Adding Music to Your Instagram Story After Posting
Accidentally forgot to add music to your Instagram Story before posting? No problem! You can edit your Instagram Story to add music after it has been posted. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap on the story you want to edit and click on the “Edit & Send” button in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on the “Stickers” button and select the “Music” sticker.
- Choose a song from the library or use the music suggestions feature to find the perfect track for your story.
- Adjust the start and end times of the song as needed and tap on the “Done” button.
- Click on the “Send To” button and select “Your Story” to post the edited version of your story with the added music.
Pro Tip: When adding music to an existing story, consider the theme and mood of the original content. Choose a song that complements the theme and enhances the overall experience for your followers.
Adding Music to Your Instagram Story Without Using the Music Sticker
While the music sticker is the easiest way to add music to your Instagram Story, there are a few alternative methods you can try if it’s not available or if you want to use a specific song that isn’t on Instagram’s music library. These methods include using third-party apps and using Instagram’s “share” feature.
Method 1: Using Third-Party Apps
There are many third-party apps available that allow you to add music to your Instagram Stories. Some popular options include InShot, Canva, and Unfold.
To use a third-party app to add music to your Instagram Story, follow these steps:
- Download and install a third-party app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and select the “Create Story” option.
- Choose a template or layout for your story.
- Add your content (such as photos and videos) to the template.
- Tap on the “Music” button and select a song from your device’s music library or use the app’s built-in library.
- Adjust the start and end times of the song as needed.
- Save the story and share it on Instagram by exporting it to your camera roll and uploading it as a new story.
Pro Tip: Some third-party apps may require you to pay a subscription fee or make in-app purchases to access all of their features. Be sure to read the app’s terms of service before using it to ensure that you are comfortable with any fees or limitations.
Method 2: Using Instagram’s “Share” Feature
Another way to add music to your Instagram Story without using the music sticker is by using Instagram’s built-in “share” feature. This method allows you to share a post from another user’s profile on your own profile as a sticker. Here’s how to do it:
- Find a post on Instagram with the song you want to use in your story.
- Tap on the “share” icon (the paper airplane icon) under the post.
- Select “Add Post to Your Story” from the menu that appears.
- Edit the post as needed (such as resizing or repositioning the sticker) and tap on the “Send To” button.
- Select “Your Story” from the list of options and tap on the “Share” button to post the story with the added music.
Pro Tip: Keep in mind that you can only share posts from public accounts using this method. Private accounts will not appear in the “share” menu.
Tips for Using Music in Your Instagram Stories
Adding music to your Instagram Stories can be a great way to engage and entertain your followers. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your musical stories:
- Choose the right music: The music you choose for your story should complement the theme and mood of your content. Take the time to find a song that fits the tone and style of your story.
- Edit the start and end times: Adjusting the start and end times of the song can help to better match the flow and pacing of your story. Experiment with different start and end times to find the best fit.
- Use music to enhance the theme and mood: Music can be a powerful tool for setting the tone and mood of your story. Use it to enhance the overall theme and atmosphere of your content.
- Experiment with different genres and moods: Don’t be afraid to mix things up and experiment with different genres and moods of music. This can help to keep your stories fresh and interesting for your followers.
Use music to create a sense of continuity:** Using the same song or a series of songs with a similar theme or mood can help to create a sense of continuity and flow in your stories. This can be especially effective for longer series of stories or for stories with a clear theme or message.
Creative Ways to Use Music in Your Instagram Stories
Adding music to your Instagram Stories doesn’t have to be limited to just playing a song in the background. There are many creative ways you can use music in your stories to engage and entertain your followers. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Lip sync: Lip syncing to a song in your Instagram Story can be a fun and creative way to use music. Simply record yourself singing or lip syncing to a song and add it to your story. You can also add text or stickers to the video to enhance the effect.
- Music videos: Create your own mini music videos using your Instagram Stories. Use a series of photos or videos set to a song to create a cohesive and visually appealing music video. You can also add text and stickers to further enhance the theme and mood of the video.
- Soundtrack your daily life: Use music to soundtrack your daily life in your Instagram Stories. Choose songs that match the mood and theme of your activities and add them to your stories to give your followers a more immersive and entertaining experience.
- Collaborate with other users: Collaborating with other users on musical Instagram Stories can be a great way to create unique and engaging content. Reach out to other users with complementary styles and themes and work together to create musical stories.
Troubleshooting Common Issues When Adding Music to Your Instagram Story
While adding music to your Instagram Story is generally a straightforward process, there are a few common issues that may arise. Here are some solutions to these issues:
- Music sticker not available: If the music sticker is not available in your Instagram app, it may be due to a temporary issue or a compatibility issue with your device. Try updating your app or restarting your device to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to use an alternative method (like a third-party app) to add music to your story.
- Music not playing: If the music you added to your story is not playing, it could be due to a problem with the song itself or with your device’s audio settings. Try restarting the app and checking your device’s audio settings to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to try a different song or use an alternative method to add music to your story.
- Copyright issues: If you are using a song that you do not have the rights to, you may encounter copyright issues when trying to add it to your Instagram Story. To avoid these issues, make sure to use only music that you have the rights to or that is available on Instagram’s music library.
Adding music to your Instagram Story is a great way to engage and entertain your followers. Whether you use the music sticker, a third-party app, or Instagram’s “share” feature, there are many options available to help you add music to your stories. Just be sure to properly credit the original creator and get permission before using someone else’s music, and follow the tips and troubleshooting solutions outlined in this article to get the most out of your musical stories.
If you’re looking to grow your Instagram presence, be sure to check out DashLikes.com. DashLikes is a reliable source for buying Instagram followers and likes, and can help you increase your reach and engagement on the platform. So if you want to give your Instagram account a boost, be sure to check out DashLikes and see how they can help you succeed on Instagram.
With these tips and strategies in mind, you’re well on your way to creating engaging and entertaining musical stories for your Instagram followers. Happy posting!